Thursday, April 25, 2013

Nested and Rested

I definitely feel like I went through the nesting phase with lots of energy and a compulsive need to do really random tasks and projects, but that phase left a while ago and now I'm just content resting because I'm tired!!  Three weeks ago, I was already starting to dilate and efface so I've become incredibly impatient despite the total irrelevance of those numbers.  Every once in a while I'll get these really crampy/spasmy back pains for several hours which makes me wonder if it is the start of something real.  Then it stops and the joke is on me.  No baby yet.  I hate waiting around wondering if she will come tomorrow or in 2 weeks.

I had my last day of work yesterday and thanks to a very generous graduation gift, I booked a spa day for my "resting phase."  Not just one massage, but a whole afternoon of pampering at a real spa!  Let me just tell you about the bliss!

Enter spa.  Slip into a comfy robe and make yourself comfortable in the dimly lit "Relaxation Room" where you are served a beverage and you get a warm neck wrap/foot soak/rub while you wait for your real massage.  Really?!  A foot massage while you wait for your....massage!  I had the pregnancy massage followed by a manicure and ULTIMATE pedicure.  (What makes it an ultimate pedicure?  You are reclined,  wrapped in warm blankets surrounded by aromatherapy, peaceful music, 80 minutes of scrubbing, rubbing and polishing etc. etc. etc.)   I think every woman should be pampered like this at least once in her life.  I have it on high authority that if everyone got an ultimate pedicure once in a while, we would be well on our way to achieving world peace.

One of my patients this week told me that their daughter got a pregnancy massage and her water broke on the massage table.  I'm not going to lie, I was secretly wishing for this possibility.  But here I am still waiting (did I mention I'm not a very patient person?)

Ok baby...you are welcome any time now.  Don't be shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment