Thursday, August 5, 2010

Full House + Wedding Weekend

The Brown/Acosta wedding has been a long anticipated event! Chris Acosta has been Luke's longest friend and it was his wedding that we all gathered for. We got to play "How many people can we fit into Luke and Whitney's 1 bedroom apartment?" We successfully housed 6 people for the wedding weekend (more like 6 1/2 if you count the baby in Janel's belly...can you believe she drove from Utah with 3 weeks left in her pregnancy?!! What a trooper!)



It was so great to meet up with all of Luke's posse at the rehearsal dinner at Bucca di Beppos. I think I ate myself into an oblivion...they even had a towering donut cake decorated like a wedding cake. It was so creative (and delish!)


Luke was the best man and he looked super handsome in his suit. Everything about the wedding was absolutely gorgeous...the venue, the bride, the flowers, the bridesmaids and their dresses. The color was pink, so of course I was in love with everything...especially the candy!! Have I mentioned that I like candy? (understatement of the century...) Some of the wedding party also arranged and performed a medley of songs for the bride and groom which was really quite spectacular.


Sadly, toward the evening Lukie got really sick. I've never seem him so ill, so I was really worried. He was in some sort of fever/delirium for about 24 hours, so I got the opportunity to teach his Sunday School class. We played "tithing jeopardy," which seemed to work ok, but I think all the kids were glad to have their real teacher back the next Sunday.







No comments:

Post a Comment