Thursday, August 12, 2010

Love and San Diego

So, it's about 3pm on an average Wednesday at work when I get a text from my bestie that she and her fiance are getting married the next morning in San Diego!!! HOLY CRAP!!! (The Navy has a way of imposing last minute/life changing experiences I've noticed...) Crystal and I met through work a few years ago and have been best friends ever since. In fact, every year we celebrate our "Frienniversary" every year with a fancy dinner to celebrate when we became friends. (Cheesy? Absolutely yes. But hey, its an excuse to splurge!) We've worked together, traveled all over the US together, she's been there when I met Luke and got married and I've been there when she joined the Navy. So bottom line, I HAD to be there for their special day.

Quick like a bunny, I got the day off from work, priceline negotiated a hotel room in SD, bought some cupcakes, packed, stopped off in LA to get pick up Will's wedding band and headed down the I-5. The next morning we headed to the courthouse (which is right across the street from the ocean) for their ceremony. I've never been to a ceremony at the courthouse and it was actually nicer than I'd imagined. The lady performing the ceremony actually said some really nice things about love, respect and being faithful to the one you marry. After some "I dos," a kiss and my witness signature, Mr. and Mrs. Will Argueta walked out of the courthouse. We had some cupcakes, a toast and then Will had to go back to work. Crystal and I celebrated the day by going to our favorite San Diego breakfast joint, The Broken Yolk. Let me tell you, the best way to celebrate a marriage is with some bomb French Toast!
On a side note...I LOVE San Diego. Luke is normally not allowed to say the "B" word or the "H" word in my presence (baby or house.) But I've decided that when we are ready to settle down and buy a house, San Diego is my #1 pick so far. Reasons why:
1.) It's absolutely gorgeous there! Blue, blue skies, blue water, great temperatures. You could never have a bad day if you lived there, I'm certain of that.
2.) Technically, it's a pretty large city, but I don't get that rushed or crowded feeling there, even when I'm downtown. It's relaxed and casual with all my urban necessities.
3.) It's in California.
4.) There's a temple there.
5.) Lukie and I could get a sailboat!
6.) University of San Diego has Nurse Practioner program.
Hopefully, we'll end up there soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment