Monday, May 19, 2014

My baby is one!

I've been a terrible blogger.  Actually, since being pregnant I've been pretty much terrible at a lot of things like housekeeping and being social.  Just doing the bare minimum these days and soaking up all the time I can with my sweet baby!  Maybe one day I will have energy again....but until then, just a quick post with some baby stats so I can remember them in the future!

At one, my baby weighs 26 lbs 15oz and is 30.5 inches tall.  She has 2 teeth and is cutting about 4 more at the moment.  Just days before her 1st birthday, she took her first unassisted steps, so we aren't far from walking!

She can say "mama" and is capable of saying "dada," but she chooses not to.  She also does her own version of "woof woof" when asked what sound a dog makes.  She does know and use a lot of signs (some of them we just made up ourselves, but we understand each other!)  She can ask for milk, water, food, to be "all done" and to get down.

She LOVES books!! In fact, we had a story time themed birthday party.  We read several books a day and some times we read the same book 4 times in a row.  She will pick out a book and shove it in your face (hint! hint! read to me!)  Every night we read some books, sing some songs and go to sleep.

She has gotten incredibly sweet and affectionate.  She gives kisses and snuggles and waves.  My favorite time of the day is when we share a popsicle.  (Crazy pregnancy craving...I can't get enough of them!) So I ask her, "Do you want a popsicle?"  Then she gets a big smile on her face.  We go to the freezer, pick one out and go sit in our armchair.  She sits on my lap and we share.  I don't know why, but she really hams it up.  She gives me hugs, kisses and snuggles and just is a complete doll during these few minutes.  I want to remember it forever!

She loves to wave to everything and everyone!  She waves at people in the grocery store.  She even waves goodbye to the diapers we send down the diaper genie.  She's hilarious and we are really enjoying this time together!  I feel super blessed every day to have such a sweet and smart little girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment