Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Keeping up with the Ericksons

Does life ever slow down? It seems like the older I get, the busier I become. Between work, school, church, callings, keeping up with Luke’s social life and everything in between I’m pining for spare time to do things I enjoy (or at least I used to.) Man, I don’t even have children yet…I’m in for a rude awakening! But basically this is just an excuse for me to make another list.

Things I’d like to do if I had more time:

-Exercise like a mad woman
-Volunteer at St. John’s Hospital
-Bake something every week and give it away
-Work on a tan (Can I work on it if I don’t have one yet?)
-Try more new healthy recipes and prepare 3 complete balanced meals/day
-Read for pleasure
-Make more friends
-Start new hobbies (I’ve been mentally toying with the idea of cycling for a while)
-Go rollerblading at the beach
-Pluck my eyebrows more than once in a blue moon
-Take an art class
-Be outside
-Entertain more guests
-Maintain a perfectly spotless home (seriously, how does it get so dirty with just 2 people living there? I’m terrified to think what adding kids will do!)
-Visit my grandparents more often
-Garden (this would also require space that we do not have)
-Find an equally dedicated sushi partner as both of mine have moved away

My next month of Saturdays is already booked up and I have finals, spring cleaning, friend’s wedding and out of town guests all to consider. Maybe one day I’ll have an evening free to pick up a good book!

1 comment:

  1. Eli and I are totally in for the sushi thing. we love it. If you can find some time with all you've got going on.

    ReplyDelete