Sunday, November 21, 2010

News just in....! (sort of)

Well, for months and months, I've had to be slightly secretive about my eduational plans. But now that I've let my employer know that I'll be leaving soon, I can FINALLY let the cat out of the bag.

I got accepted to 2 nursing programs!! (after starting pre-reqs in 2008, I feel like its a been a huge battle to get this far, so I'm pretty stoked.)

Originally, I got my letter to Drexel University (located right in Philadelphia.) We went and check out the school, looked for apartments, paid the deposit and were ready to move to Philly. While I was very excited for this plan, I could never get over the fact that this program was $40k for a one year program. We'd worked it out, but it always bothered me.

Just a few weeks ago, a second option presented itself. Ventura College accepted me to start in January. At first, I was really angry when I opened the letter, but after praying we know this is the right choice. While this is a 2 year program, the $5,000 tuition seems much more reasonable. And Luke gets to keep his job. 10 points to Gryffindor!

Thank you everyone for your support and for listening to me rattle of pros and cons of my options. I just hope to survive the next two years!

3 comments:

  1. Does that mean we get to keep you in the ward? You guys are great! And I'm so excited for you to be moving forward with your goals! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been there in years! I grew up not far from there, but have never taken my kids! Thanks for the reminder... we'll have to go soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaay!! :-) does this mean we get to keep you as neighboors!?

    ReplyDelete